The Moses Montefiore Religious School strives to provide a high quality, stimulating and engaging Jewish education that helps foster a strong Jewish identity, community participation and love of Judaism that will inspire our children to learn our history, traditions, philosophy and the Hebrew language, now and throughout their lives.
Several objectives help us meet this vision:
- Provide a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Provide a high quality curriculum and teaching staff
- Create a partnership between home and school
- Encourage Tikum Olam (Repair the World) in our community, nation and the world
- Foster an appreciation and understanding of our shared responsibility for the future of Jewish people
- Instill confidence in participating in religious services
- Understand and value the essential principles of Reform Judaism
- Affirm the importance of Israel to the Jewish people
To reach these objectives, our curriculum focuses on:
- Holiday appreciation
- Torah Study
- History and current events (with an emphasis on Israel)
- Reading and writing skills
- Prayers and service
- Values, life cycle events and traditions (including Shabbat and Kashrut)
- Tzedakah (charity) and Mitzvot (good deeds).
For more information, please contact our Religious School Principal, Brooke Davison, at 309-662-3182.